|2017 Toyota Tundra Changes Review | Diesel Specs|
The 2017 Toyota Tundra availability keeps offering its full 6 trim grades with a number of different options. Check the availability below:
- 2017 Tundra SR: REGULAR CAB (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available) - DOUBLE CAB (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available) - CREWMAX (4x2: No, 4x4: No).
- 2017 Tundra SR5: REGULAR CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - DOUBLE CAB (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available) - CREWMAX (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available).
- 2017 Tundra Limited: REGULAR CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - DOUBLE CAB (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available) - CREWMAX (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available).
- 2017 Tundra 1794 Platinum: REGULAR CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - DOUBLE CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - CREWMAX (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available).
- 2017 Tundra 1794 Edition: REGULAR CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - DOUBLE CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - CREWMAX (4x2: Available, 4x4: Available).
- 2017 Tundra TRD Pro: REGULAR CAB: (4x2: No, 4x4: No) - DOUBLE CAB (4x2: No, 4x4: Available) - CREWMAX (4x2: No, 4x4: Available).
Though ongoing Tundra has offering fairly good interior details, the upcoming model seems to gain significant refinements. Beginning from restyling its seats, dashboard adjustment and driving components are refreshed. Furthermore, after comparing to the 2015 versions, 2017 redesign makes the Tundra has more space both for driver and passengers. While moonroof and back window slider are available in CrewMax groups.
To have a luxury full-size truck, you can opt for a 1794 Edition (in CrewMax model) which already has luxury specs. If you just need extra comfort, a Platinum CrewMax may suit you. In order to make both driver and passengers stay in comfort, Toyota returns the Dual-zone Automatic Climate Control to the next-gen 2017 Tundra redesign.
In terms of hauling anything behind, one more feature you'll have is an integrated braking controller which can be the most effective way to stop the trailer behind your truck. This equipment is, honorably, available in all standards of 2017 Toyota Tundra trucks.
Toyota seems to pay more attention to a truck utility, and with its Tundra, they upgrade the fuel tank capacity to 38 gallons. Keep in your mind, it will be the biggest truck fuel tank among the class. We should appreciate them for it!
For towing capacity, those all six trims on the new Tundra are capable to tow up to 10,000 pounds, even the 2017 Tundra can do more with a 4x2 Regular Cab version. Drivers can also optimize their Tundra's towing/hauling capability with a Haul/Tow Mode in hand. Besides, this mode should be that helpful in throttle response, braking event and engine power optimization.
Towing support doesn't stop there! you'll have more thing called a TSC (Trailer-sway Control) system. The system allows drivers to detect trailer sway so they can objectively which wheel to give more or less pressure in braking events, and it's still be optimized by adjusting engine torque while driving. Is that enough to pull a trailer in the best balance?
Drive system, we do have something new here. An all-wheel based mode with A-TRAC technology will give you much better drivings.
Engine options, as a few months before the forthcoming Tundra was said to adopt a Cummins' diesel that boast higher mpg ratings, now we've found the end. When they go on sale sometimes in this year, you may opt for a new 2017 Tundra with an i-FORCE 5.7L V8 engine, paired with a 6-speed automatic including standard towing equipment. The engine is rated at 381 horsepower and 401 pound-feet of torque. Available features included to this engine package would be an Independent Variable Valve Timer with 32-valve head structure, and a DOHC as well.
Second, an i-FORCE 4.6L V8 engine package comes as a lower option. This 4.6L generates only 310 horsepower with 327 pound-feet of torque, strong enough for going off-road, though. Paired with the same 6-speed automatic transmission, the other package also features a DOHC and dual valve timer in 32-valve adjustment.
Back to new Tundra's braking performance, it comes a 4-piston braking equipment as the largest one in class. So let's say that truck braking system is the best around so far. Abundant color options are offered as we've listed in 11 pictures below:
|2017 Tundra in Barcelona Red Metallic Color|
|2017 Tundra in Black Color|
|2017 Tundra in Blazing Blue Pearl Color|
|2017 Tundra in Inferno Color|
|2017 Tundra in Magnetic Gray Metallic Color|
|2017 Tundra in Midnight Black Metallic Color|
|2017 Tundra in Quicksand Color|
|2017 Tundra in Radiant Red Color|
|2017 Tundra in Silver Sky Metallic Color|
|2017 Tundra in Sunset Bronze Mica Color|
|2017 Tundra in Super White Color|
Say "Welcome" to new pricing, we tried to compare with 2015 model costs and here's the list of them:
- 2017 Tundra SR MSRP: $28,640 (reduced $1000 or so).
- 2017 Tundra SR5 MSRP: $30,450 (reduced up to $3000).
- 2017 Tundra Limited MSRP: $38,170 (reduced $2000).
- 2017 Tundra Platinum MSRP: $46,030 (new).
- 2017 Tundra 1794 Edition MSRP: $46,030 (reduced more than $200).
- 2017 Tundra TRD Pro MSRP: $42,445 (reduced more than $2500).